A few recent examples:
- Some gloating over the takeout (keeping score);
- Condi Rice getting hectored for 10 minutes by Lawrence O'Donnell about her Iraq war criminality;
- Former congressman Alan Grayson telling us that George W. Bush didn't accept Obama's invitation to Ground Zero because he was probably "passed out drunk";
- Will Ferrell represents Big Hollywood's response;
- Noam Chomsky imagining Bush being assassinated by an Iraqi hit squad and dumped in the Atlantic as a parallel to our raid to kill UBL;
- Mike Malloy fantasizing about the same thing, only with Navy Seals;
Whatever the case it's nice to know that as Americans we don't spike the football after big victories over dangerous foreign enemies--no sir--we treat the vanquished with respect even if they don't deserve it. As for domestic enemies? Sounds like a little end zone dancing.
As to the trove, more later on bin Laden's plan to use converted black American Muslims to stage terror attacks here in the homeland to sow racial division. First off, it's already happened. Second, it seems to be a reach-out to the white supremacists, something that also might have already happened.
Finally, the newly released bin Laden outtakes seem to leave America's former most trusted newsman Mr. Cronkite as the real fake behind the camera, don't they? Scream out.