Thursday, June 14, 2007

The wild world of W.W.

This blog isn't about golf and it's not about Memphis but there are no directives written in Sacrete dictating such, so at times we can veer. This is one of them.

Not to be outdone by State Senator Ophelia Ford, our lovely mayor, W.W. Herenton, held a press conference today and placed the city squarely into the Twilight Zone. If you choose to read the link you'll understand. This might be enough:
I'm angry. Maybe I'm just ugly. I'm not angry. You know I can be forceful, it's amazing. I'll say well, Keith, was I angry? I'm not angry. I'm just poker-faced. I'm sincere, but I'm not angry. I don't want anybody to say that I'm angry. Momma, I'm not angry. I'm talking to my mother. My mother's praying for me. I'm not angry, Momma. I'm disappointed, but I'm not angry.
Would you call that refreshingly nutty? Or just nuts?

The quick and dirty version is that he assembled the media and announced that a conspiracy is afoot to embarrass him using hookers (or something); that he's on to it; and he's subsequently going to take the story national by filing complaints with both the State and Federal governments and even demanded a Special Counsel be appointed to investigate. Hey, Fitz should be available. Come to think of it, maybe Starr would be more appropriate. He dropped Alberto Gonzales' name, apparently he doesn't actually read the newspaper he bashes.

Anyway, don't know how far this will go. Probably not much farther. Or further. Whatever. It's not like the mayor hasn't done stuff like this before. Often. But this time he's trying to take it national, which explains the post. Stay tuned to Comedy Central and Saturday Night Live for updates.

No comments: