He once provided a list of terrorist deeds. Here's a list of acts committed since he's been locked up:
- rattled the justice system,
- damaged Bush's legacy,
- helped bring the Democrats to power in 2006,
- shook up the CIA and FBI,
- made a liar out of Pelosi,
- hastened the departure of Rosie
In fact, it appears that Holder may already be going under the busNext on his list--Obama's approval numbers, which explains the leak. Speaking of leaks, Cap'n Ed used this piece in the WaPo, which has a paragraph that seems erroneous:
In an effort to avoid leaks, Holder kept the decision close in the days leading up to his Nov. 13 news conference, calling New York officeholders that day to inform them.Depends on the definition of "close". The AFP ran this story on June 26, 2009 hinting that KSM could be tried in a civilian court and the New York Times ran a leak on September 16, 2009, directly saying the administration was considering a federal trial in New York.
BTW, when KSM was brought before the military judge at Gitmo in 2007 and entered his plea, he admitted to a number of terrorist acts. There was a preliminary section where several things were admitted, including this:
6. I was directly in charge, after the death of Sheikh Abu Hafs al-Masri Subhi Abu Sittah, of managing and following up on the Cell for the Production of Biological Weapons, such as anthrax and others, and following up on Dirty Bomb Operations on American soil.The document then listed another 29 items. Number 4 on the list was this:
I was responsible for the Shoe Bomber Operation to down two American airplanes.Emphasis mine. We all know about the American 63 event with the infamous Richard Reid. But what was the other shoe bomb operation? Did it succeed?
The new narrative we are being asked to believe--that Obama will now become involved in the selection of trial location--sounds like a political tactic to give the prez deniability when they eventually back off the lower Manhattan venue. But c'mon, does anyone really think Obama was not making the decisions all along? Do they really think people are that dumb?