Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas tag

Jon down in sunny Florida has tagged me with a Christmas meme thing. The repug fascist even included rigorous instructions as only a repug fascist would..
  • 1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
  • 2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
  • 3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  • 4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Just kidding buddy. I know you lean Libertarian. OK, here we go..

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Yes, I'll take both. Just hurry, time is running out.

2. Real or artificial tree?
Ha. Real. Always. Even if it means traipsing around a tree farm to cut one down, which now looks strangely similar to a decorated telephone pole.

3. When do you put up the tree?
December 1 or 2, whichever comes first.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Basically after it's become an emaciated hulk and all the needles have almost fallen off. Yes, I know, we've seen the fire safety video of the burning tree. We like to live on the edge here.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes. But it doesn't necessarily like me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A Lionel train set. Oh so white and nerdy.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Hey, I'm not a nativist-- but I do think people should enter the country legally.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Underwear. I mean, get real.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
A little of both. And I do mean little.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Scrooge. Fitting, eh?

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually right after Thanksgiving. Then again about Dec 23 and 24.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ham, scrambled eggs, home baked cookies and treats, Swiss Colony's Dobosh Torte. Mmm.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored lights. Inside and outside.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Transiberian Orchestra; Blue Christmas by that Porky Pig guy (I like the laughing) and Silver Bells sung by Merle Haggard; O Holy Night, and Carol of the Bells. So I had more than one, sue me!


Now I get to pick on people. Or they get to ignore me. Let's tag Marie at Mariestwocents; LASunsett at Poli-yy; Mick at Mickwright.net; Mustang at Social Sense; Debbie at Right Truth (might balance out that "World Orgasm Day" post, he he) and Storm at Stormwarning. Ok, and Uncle, too.

No comments: