Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Arianna and George show

Drudge is abuzz about the spit-spat going on between Arianna Huffington and George Clooney. If you've not been keeping up, Clooney recently said some pretty harsh things about democrats in an interview:
“The Democrats were scared on Iraq and the truth is they backed themselves into a corner,” says Clooney. “They didn’t have the political resolve to tough it out and now they are paying the price.”

Asked about Clinton’s tortured attempts to distance herself from her past support for Bush, Clooney shrugs dismissively: “She’s pretty political so I’m not surprised. Am I disappointed? Yeah. I hate it when smart men and women are saying, ‘Well, if I knew then what I know now’. The fact is: I knew it then and I don’t have national security clearance. I knew there was no tie between Saddam Hussein and 9/11. We all knew the UN inspectors wanted to keep looking for weapons of mass destruction. Basically, the Democrat leadership was scared (of criticising Bush) and it’s too bad, because it’s come back to haunt them.”
Well George, we also all know Bush never blamed 9/11 on Saddam. But that's a digression we don't need here. Those comments and similar ones apparently ended up on a blog created by Huffington for Clooney. Arianna says George gave her permission. George says he didn't.

Clooney was interviewed by the Daily News Entertainment dude, and uttered this comical rejoionder:
"Nobody has ever written an op-ed piece for me. If I say I've written something, I've written it. When I go to the Oscars, I write everything I say...I stand by what I do, but I'm very cautious not to take giant steps onto soapboxes because I think they're polarizing."
Uh, ok.

Not so many years ago Arianna Huffington was a die hard republican and frequent guest on Hannity's radio and TV show and other conservative shows. Then poof, she turned into a uber-lib. I still haven't quite figured that out. Maybe she's still a conservative operating under deep cover.

3 comments:

LA Sunset said...

Then poof, she turned into a uber-lib. I still haven't quite figured that out. Maybe she's still a conservative operating under deep cover.

Maybe, she was a lib all along and was deep undercover in the GOP.

A.C. McCloud said...

Good point. Only the shadow knows.

LA Sunset said...

Shhhhhh. We must keep this under our hats, destroy all documentation that is associated with it, and never mention it again. ;)