Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's a crazy world

It's mind-blowing to see some of the things happening now. The Speaker of the House:
Pelosi, D-Calif., noted that Bush consistently said he supports a diplomatic resolution to differences with Iran "and I take him at his word." At the same time, she said, "I do believe that Congress should assert itself, though, and make it very clear that there is no previous authority for the president, any president, to go into Iran."
In other words, she's taking the military option off the table in regards to a country that has attacked us many times. Does anyone really think Bush would invade with massive ground forces we don't currently have? Seriously? Even Obama didn't take military force off the table even if he thinks it's generally a waste.

And this Tim Hardaway flap. Where is that one going? Out of sight fast, I'd venture.

Enough of that. I've been tagged by Debbie over at Right Truth with this quiz. It reminds me of one of those surveys women spring on you at inopportune moments, but also represents something quite out of character for a puppy-eating conservative such as myself. Which is why I'm going to do it. Here are six weird things about AC McCloud:

1. I'm a midget.
2. I don't know my blood type, but I do know my cholesterol count.
3. I enjoy getting stopped by a train sometimes.
4. I own an album of the greatest hits of James Bond movies.
5. My cat has no tail.
6. I used to be a DJ and once smashed a Tammy Faye Bakker album on the air. It was college radio, but it really happened.

One of the above isn't true. I'll leave it at that.

The game is played by tagging others, who will no doubt be so thrilled they might kneejerk Fore Left right off their blogrolls. Or laughingly ignore it. Here goes:

LASunsett at Political Yen/Yang, aka "Snowman"
Mick Wright at Mick Wright
Marie at Mariestwocents.
Jonathan at Crushliberalism.
Uncle Pavian at Uncle Pavian and his dancing Orangutan extravaganza, aka NuncProLunch.
Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit

What? Anyway, don't hate me, folks. Could be fun.

No comments: