Their interview today with Wolf Blitzer today was incendiary--Joe called both Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby "traitors" but the questions were fairly puffballish. So, since they are intent on bringing this tired story back to the forefront again here's a few suggestions for future interviewers as to questions as yet answered...
- For Joe-- why were you less than truthful to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence?
- Joe again--don't you think your finding that Iraq sent a delegation to Niger in 1999 was somewhat a confirmation of Cheney and the Brit government's concerns about uranium?
- For Val-- why did you tell Henry Waxman's committee one thing and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence another about who recommended Joe for Africa? Who actually recommended Joe for Africa?
- For Val and Joe--what do you think Andrea Mitchell meant when she told Don Imus that 'everybody knew' that Valerie was CIA, at least those who covered Washington?
- For Val--how involved were you in the meeting between Joe and New York Times columnist Nic Kristoff in the month before all this started?
- For Joe--when did you first become involved with the Kerry campaign?
- For Joe--since you went to Niger in March 2002 and was a TV consultant leading up to the Iraq invasion, why did you wait until WMD stockpiles were not found to go public with your charges?
- For Val and Joe--why did you appear in Vanity Fair magazine after the initial leak if you were worried about contacts and sources?
As to Rachel Maddow's retraction (after saying a GOP congressmen got advanced warning of an attack on the Murrah Federal Bldg).. well, at least she retracted it, albeit without much of an apology.
But after seeing the commercial on how diligent she digs into stories perhaps she can now lean forward into the question why Nichols went to the Philippines and who he might have met there. Or why the media basically blacked out the story about mobster Joe Scarpa Jr tipping off the FBI to a secret cache of explosives hidden in Nichols Kansas home and what was found on them, and whether that led credibility to the other stuff Scarpa told them about Ramzi Yousef's intentions.
Nothing but the truth will do.