Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Never Yield.. to Disinformation

Shirley Sherrod is back, reminding us "we can't yield" to racists like Fox News and Breitbart (on HuffPo, where else):
As you know, a Tea Party blogger named Andrew Breitbart released an intentionally deceptive, heavily edited clip from that speech to make it look as if I was delivering exactly the opposite message. Then Fox News blasted that false message across America's airwaves, creating a firestorm that led to my ouster as the USDA State Director here in Georgia.
Actually, I know no such thing. What I know is that Fox News waited until the White House (using her description) fired her before airing the story on TV. I know Vilsack probably took a fall for Obama, who acted stupidly. I think she knows this. And she knows there's no proof Breitbart edited the tape himself, as she will supposedly charge in her lawsuit. Yet she continues to milk it by shilling for the very organization who started her mess by calling the Tea Party racists without proof, and then kneejerked to Breitbart's edited release.

While this goofy Marxist's 15 minutes are up she's symptomatic--you know what you have to do..

4 comments:

LASunsett said...

Election day should be filled with the sounds of punting footballs, because of idiots like her.

May it be so.

A.C. McCloud said...

I have nothing personal against this woman, but it's really irritating when people propagate falsehoods, especially when they believe themselves to be righteously wronged.

There seem to be three options: she is simply misinformed; she's stupid; or she's deliberately trying to not let a crisis go to waste by manipulating the situation for political gain.

I'm leaning towards door number three.

LASunsett said...

//I'm leaning towards door number three.//

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.

Congratulations... right you are. And with that answer, you advance to the bonus round. We cannot afford any neat prizes, but you are still a winner.

(I would have picked all three. But that may have disqualified me. It's my insane game, so I and my immediate family members are not eligible to win the non-prizes)

;)

A.C. McCloud said...

Actually in today's PC world, picking all three still makes you a winner! There are no losers (except Republicans, Christians, anything to do with Sarah Palin, and of course, the Chicago Cubs).