Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And in other news...

In news nearly as shocking as Hillary Clinton announcing she was "in to win", today John Kerry announced he has not found time in his day planner to run for president:
"But I've concluded this isn't the time for me to mount a presidential campaign," he said. Rather, it is time "to do all I can to end this war" and focus on fighting "the real war on terror," he said.
Yes, the real war on terror. Against al Qaeda. Presumably not including the ones operating in Iraq. Or perhaps that was a botched joke?

In other shocking news, Congressman William Jefferson announced he wasn't running for president either, and Dennis Kucinich announced he was running for president of the universe. Former presidential candidate Howard Dean's response was unintelligible.

MORE 1/24/07

Speaking of the 'real war on terror', the US launched raids in Somalia today. How long until the Democrats blast Bush for this illegal raid and call for our redeployment out of Africa?

UPDATE 1/24/07

The Washington Post has apparently airbrushed part of their story. I quoted Kerry above in the original story where he talked about "the real war on terror". Now the quote reads:
"I've concluded this isn't the time for me to mount a presidential campaign," the former Democratic nominee said. "I intend to work here to change a policy in Iraq that threatens all that I have worked for and cared about since I came home from Vietnam."
Same URL. They changed the date to 1/25. Their own provided video shows that he said the quote from up top, then a few sentences later said the WaPo's second quote. Maybe someone figured it was a botched sentence.

Amazing. Well, not really.

No comments: