Thursday, March 22, 2007

Basketball buzz

Just got through watching the Memphis/A&M game. Great game until the end when A&M got shafted to the extreme by the drop off of 1.1 seconds on a play that should have cost them two or three tenths at most. What's the difference? Getting the ball inbounds and setting up a reasonable shot, not some hail mary from near half court. Don't get me wrong, I wanted the Tigers to win. But dang if that didn't take some of the fun out of it.

OK, the grieving is over! My bracket is still in play, whew.

While we're on B-ball, the buzz around Memphis (which includes my small sphere of influence and one afternoon disc jockey) is that the resignation of Kentucky coach Tubby Smith might result in the eventual loss of Memphis coach John Calipari. I think it's possible. Not often does one get the chance to coach one of the biggest named programs in the nation in the backyard of former nemesis Rick Pitino.

No comments: