Saturday, December 17, 2005

"I see dead voters"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Local blogs (and bloggers with roots in these parts) have extensively covered the Ophelia Ford "I see dead voters" caper.

I can't add much except to say that my own anecdotal observations would suggest we're seeing Ford family bidness as usual. But since I deal with mainly national issues here I'd like to place it in that light. Where is the outrage from the left?

The conventional wisdom from our port side friends is that Bush skullduggeryied his way into the presidency in 2000, with a few beleiving he did likewise in 2004. If their outrage was really about voting irregularities you'd think these election purists would be all over this story. Instead we hear crickets, just like with the East St. Louis story.

With the sanctity of the vote so critical, you'd also think the left would be hopping for joy over the recent Iraqi elections that featured a turnout we haven't seen here in years. I'll characterize their reaction so far as 'muted joy'.

Hopefully this election will be overturned and the dead folks will be cleared off the rolls. If the legislature orders a new election perhaps we can enlist Jimmy Carter and a few Europeans to come and act as monitors.

hat tip Bill Hobbs.

No comments: