Friday, April 23, 2010

GM Commercial

Wondering... Senator Grassley claims GM didn't really pay back all their loans to the taxpayers but rather used another loan to pay off the first loan. If so, isn't the new GM commercial false advertising? And if so, is the government involved in false advertising? And if so, who was involved in the marketing decision? And if so, doesn't that mean the government should contact one of its United States attorneys to investigate?

Just wondering.

MORE 4/25/10

Fox News actually contacted the Federal Trade Commission to inquire of any truth-in-advertising issues. Of course a GM spokesman said he had not heard of anything but positive responses to the ad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect the answer to all your questions is BFD Biden ... he was the first to gloat about this 'accomplishment'.

To be fair, however, let's all agree that slight of hand is what the government does best; now that GM stands for Government Motors, no one should be alarmed by this behavior.

Glad I could help with this ... Do I bill LA Sunset?

Semper Fi

A.C. McCloud said...

Nobody messes with Joe I guess.

Glad I could help with this ... Do I bill LA Sunset?

Yes, tell him your fee is a trillion dollars, but that I'm good for it.

LA Sunset said...

//Yes, tell him your fee is a trillion dollars, but that I'm good for it.//

If we wait him out, he'll settle for a billion.